FOR PARISHES OF ARDFINNAN, BALLYBACON, GRANGE & NEWCASTLE, FOURMILEWATER
Weekly Mass Times This Week
Saturday Newcastle- Our Lady of the Assumption – 5pm
Saturday Ardfinnan- Holy Family – 6.30pm
Sunday Fourmilewater– Our Lady & St. Laurence – 9am
Sunday Grange– St. Nicholas – 10.30am
Sunday Ballybacon- St. Mary’s – 12nn
Monday Newcastle- Our Lady of the Assumption – 10am
Tuesday Ardfinnan- Holy Family – 9:30am
Wednesday Fourmilewater– Our Lady & St. Laurence – 10am
Thursday Newcastle- Our Lady of the Assumption – 10am
Friday Ardfinnan- Holy Family – 9:30am
EXPOSITION OF THE BLESSED SACRAMENT
This takes place in our parishes on:
Tuesday’s 10-11am in Ardfinnan
Friday’s 2.30-3.30 in Newcastle
Everyone is welcome to come and spend some time in quiet prayer and adoration.
PLEASE SPACE OUT ACROSS THE CHURCH AND MAINTAIN SOCIAL DISTANCE
All religious ceremonies can proceed without capacity limits but with all other protective measures remaining in place.
Please continue to keep one another safe by wearing a mask in the church and sanitising your hands when entering and leaving. As we are now at full capacity, we have taken away the red taped seats but would encourage you to socially distance yourself from others outside of your family. Thank you for playing your part in keeping us all safe!
ALONE CORONAVIRUS HELPLINE FOR OLDER PEOPLE 0818-222-024
IF YOU HAVE ANY CONCERNS OR QUERIES ABOUT COVID-19.
LINES OPEN 8AM-8PM DAILY
Many thanks for your contributions last week for the upkeep of our parishes and churches:
Newcastle / Fourmilewater: €732
PARISH PASTORAL COUNCILS
Both parish council met this week to discuss times of liturgies for Ash Wednesday, Lent, St Patrick’s Day and Easter, as well as other local ideas and plans ahead. Some of the topics discussed and decided upon are:
- Covid-19 – we are following the guidance from the Irish Bishops, Diocese and NPHET in relation to sanitation, face coverings (under constant review), resumption of choirs, ministers, altar servers, and distribution of Holy Communion.
- Ash Wednesday – 2nd March: Masses at 9.30am Ardfinnan/ 10am Fourmilewater/ 6.30pm Newcastle. Ashes will be sprinkled upon the heads taking inspiration from Biblical practice, and avoid any chance of cross contamination at this time. Ashes will also be available for those who wish to take some home to relatives / neighbours who are housebound.
- The ‘sign of peace’ is working well in our parishes, when the priest reminds us not to shake hands, but to turn to those around us and say: “Peace be with you”. The practice of handshaking will probably not resume when all restrictions are lifted.
- Holy Water fonts will be replaced and will resume when the Easter Water is blessed at the Easter Vigil / Easter Sunday.
- Funerals: there will be no funerals in any of our churches on a Sunday, unless there is an exceptional pastoral reason. This will maintain the importance of the Sunday Celebration. On the day there is a funeral in any of our churches, the scheduled morning Mass will be suspended and we will announce this on social media and other announcements.
- We are looking do some maintenance work in Ballybacon church in the coming months.
- Our current Mass schedule across the five churches, it was felt, is working well. The Parish Councils have concluded not to change any of the Mass times, and it allows for priest cover for our parish and other local parishes as needed.
- A 40 Hour Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament is being panned across our 5 churches in April. Further details are being finalised.
- We have new members who are very welcome, but we would be grateful for others to join our council to discuss and plan for our parishes. Please contact our chairpersons if you wish to be part of our important council or wish to have ideas shared / discussed at our next meetings after Easter: Newcastle/Fourmilewater: Eileen Condon Ardfinnan/Ballybacon/Grange: Michael Hennessy.
NEW CHURCH BANNERS
We have new picture banners in each of our churches. These have been exclusively designed by the students in our 4 schools, and a competition was run across our 5th and 6th classes. The winning entries from each school had their picture enlarged and put onto the banner to decorate the church altar area. Congratulation to all the winners who received a €50 gift voucher, and other prizes for all classes who participated:
Ardfinnan Church: Anna English. Newcastle Church: Holly Fitzgerald. Grange Church: Mai Farrell. Fourmilewater Church: Mia McCarthy. Ballybacon Church: Patrick O’Keeffe.
Well done to you all and thank you !
CCTV CAMERAS / LIVESTREAM
Please note that for the protection and security of everyone CCTV cameras are in operation in our churches. All of our Masses are Live streamed in Ardfinnan and are at other times broadcast from Newcastle , Fourmilewater, Ballybacon and Grange on Churchservices.tv and Facebook Live pages.
Please contact Paddy in the Parish Office on 052-746 4408 or Fr Michael in Newcastle / Fourmilewater for those who wish to book baptisms in the coming months. We can now have two families at one time – but would ask that each family only bring a maximum of 15 people with them, to keep us all safe.
God bless, and keep safe!